Enjoy!

January 14, 2010

Bento Box Battles: Koo Sushi

Koo Sushi Bento Box $7.95

IMG_2296

IMG_2298

Contestant: Koo Sushi

Location: 142 W Houston St,West Village

Order: Salmon Teriyaki Bento Box

Cost: $7.95 not including tax, tip (delivery)

Contents: 1 salmon filet, 6-piece California roll, 2-piece shumai, salad with dressing, miso soup, white rice

Good: Bed of veggies under the otherwise plain piece of salmon is tasty. Love the enoki mushrooms in the miso soup. Hearty Cali rolls. The price.

Bad: I think they use to give 3-4 pieces of shumai, but now it's down to two. The two that were there were also mushy from being over-saturated in sauce. Salmon is a bit overcooked, sauce is very conventional.

Verdict: B-. Largely because of the price, I'd order this again. However, I feel like I'm almost eating fast food. Koo has a better lunch roll special ($8 for two rolls + salad, miso soup, rice) that I prefer to get anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment